
Yesterday was a gorgeous day, it was in the 70's with a nice breeze and all of us now have Spring Fever. Before dinner last night (it was Brian's night to cook so we had our weekly hamburgers and hot dogs!) we all went out and took a walk. When we came back it was about 6pm and the sun was starting to set but it was still pretty light outside. Brian and I went up to the deck to start grilling and the rest stayed outside enjoying what was left of such a beautiful day.
Brian and his friend have been building a fort in the woods, so once he had things under control with the grill I asked Allie to show me where in the woods Brian was building his fort. As we're coming back Allie whispered that there was an owl in a tree and pointed it out. Now I've heard this guy in our yard since we've lived here, but I've never seen him (her?) before. It was really cool. I actually had my camera on me and was able to take the picture up above before he flew away. I love having an owl on the propery because that means we shouldn't ever have a mouse problem. We love birds and bird watching here, especially Brian. In fact, Mom and I have taken a class at Emory for bird watching so this was a very exciting thing here--yes, I know we are geeks. :-)
For the record it is a Barred Owl which is a pretty good sized bird at 18-22 inches. It's also the one that sounds just like you always think of when you think of owls. Click here and you will see a good picture of a Barred Owl and as soon as the page loads, you will hear the call they make.
Ave Maria!
C.
2 comments:
Definite Geeks.lol
Thanks Larry! ;-)
Post a Comment