Sunday, February 25, 2007

Second Anniversary

Two years ago today, my father passed away. While we all expected it, it was still a punch in the stomach. The days following were a whirlwind and I don't really remember every single day individually, but events from each day. I was pregnant with Rachel and the enormous stress and emotions made me fearful that I might lose the baby at times--praise be to God I didn't.

One of the things that I carry with me from that experience is something my friend John said to me at the funeral Mass. I was waiting in the vestibule in the Church before Mass and John came out for something. He just looked at me and all he said was, "It's going to take years." He was absolutely right, and during that time that was the one thing that I could wrap my brain around. I'm very grateful for that. God has blessed me with the friends I have around me.

I love you Daddy.

Ave Maria!
C.

4 comments:

H F J said...

Praying for you today.
~HUGS~

Christine said...

Thank you! :-)

Therese said...

Extra prayers and hugs from me too Chris.

Anonymous said...

I still miss him like crazy too! It's going to be particularly poignant when I graduate.
Love Alice