Friday, February 02, 2007

DeColores!

In September of 2002, Ken and I made our Cursillo weekends. There are two retreat weekends--one for the men and one for the women. It a diocese-wide retreat and there are people there from all over. It's a chance to really grow in your faith and become part of a greater community. Once you've gone on a Cursillo, you have group reunions so you never really lose what you've learned on the retreat.

When I was first pregnant with Mary, the big ones were in pubic school and Ken was working from home. Ken and I would go to Mass together every morning and on Tuesday mornings following Mass we would go to a Bible study that our pastor ran. One morning after Mass Fr. John asked us if we had ever been on a Cursillo. When we said no (we hadn't even heard of it) he took us to the offices and gave us each an application. The diocese hosts 2 retreats a year (each retreat consists of a weekend for the men and a weekend for the women) and we had missed the first one so we went to the second.

I will never forget Ken's face when he came home. He looked so happy, and at peace. Once I went on my retreat I understood.

Ken and I have been blessed to sponsor Mike and Melinda for their Cursillo. Mike went last weekend and Melinda is there right now. I'm so excited to see how she makes out. Carmen and I drove her out to the retreat house last night and on the way home we were both saying how we can't wait to see Melinda on Sunday. Please offer a prayer or two if you're able for Melinda as she goes through her Cursillo.

Ave Maria & DeColores!
C.

No comments: