
This week we started Rachel on solid food. I've been giving her rice cereal all week and boy howdy has she taken to it! Of all my kids, she has taken to the whole concept of eating the quickest. She hasn't had the usual problem of not knowing what to do with it when it's in her mouth. She just eats it up like she's been doing it forever. At this rate she may challenge Mary's title of "Biggest Thighs on a Dawson Baby."
In other news, we are going to be getting Mary's hearing checked. She turned 3 years old this past November but is still not speaking very well. I didn't really concern myself about it until Brigid caught up to Mary's level of speaking. Alice suggested that because of the sounds Mary is having trouble with, she might have a slight hearing problem. I took her to the pediatrician but they don't do hearing tests on children that young, so I will be making an appointment with an audiologist this week. I've never noticed any behavior that would indicate a hearing problem, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. The doctor said that if the hearing test comes back normal, we can look into speech therapy.
Ave Maria!
C.
No comments:
Post a Comment