Well, the move is over. I think it went pretty well. The movers got there about a half hour late, but they were the nicest guys and boy did they work hard! After the move was done, and we were just settling up the FedEx guy comes and drops off a couple of things Mom ordered—big heavy things. These guys hopped right out of the truck and took them down to Mom’s apartment for us.
The kids did well too. They pretty much stayed holed up in Mom’s bedroom while everything else was moved around them—the Big Three babysat the Little Three while Mom and I packed boxes and organized (Ken, it’s not nice to laugh when I use the word “organized” about myself. :-) ). The only one who seemed to not handle things very well was Brigid. She had a hard time seeing these strange men come in and take all of her Grandma’s ( or Bobbie’s as she and Mary call Mom) things. At one point, one of the movers tries to say hi and Brigid just points to what he’s carrying and shouts, “Back!”
Mom’s best friend was also moving out of her house today. They’re moving a few states away so they had this big 18 wheel moving van roll up to their house today, pack all their stuff and drive off to their new house, where the movers will deliver their stuff and unpack it. I was definitely suffering from mover envy!
Now we get to go through all of the boxes and try to find places for everything. ~sigh~ Maybe I’ll get lucky and receive a summons for jury duty!
Ave Maria!
C.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment