Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Getting back to normal

It's been almost 2 weeks since Rachel made her debut here at the Dawson house. We're slowly developing a routine. She is a wonderful sleeper and an even better eater! She gets up maybe twice every night and since she sleeps in our bed with us, getting up to feed her takes no effort. Ken and I are both feeling rested which, with a newborn in the house, is nothing short of a miracle. We're in the process of planning her Baptism and we'll keep you all posted on that.

Now that Rachel is here and the birth is behind us, we can focus our attention on getting Mom's apartment finished so she can move in. This morning we have a plumber coming to start work on getting Mom's kitchen and laundry room set up. It's very exciting to see the whole process and we're all anxious to have it done. Today I'm going to take some pictures so that we can put them in our photo gallery and track the progress of the construction.

We've also gone back to school here. Caity has started 8th grade and the twins are starting 6th grade. I'm really excited about this school year. For starters because I'm not pregnant, but also because we have so many neat things planned for this year--field trips, neat science experiments etc. but mostly because Ken has taken over as math teacher. That takes a lot off of my plate so I can focus on the other subjects. Life is good!!

Ave Maria!
C.

No comments: