Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Been a While

It’s been a while since I’ve posted but the good news is that there’s been so much going on I have a lot to talk about! Well, I suppose that could be good—or bad. ;-)

In May I flew up to NY to go to my sister’s graduation from nursing school. That was a lot of fun. It was a very proud moment for Alice to get the degree that she has worked so hard for—YAY Alice!! (Yes there will be pictures in the photo gallery).

Now, being a native NYer living in the deep south occasionally I find myself really missing the food up there--specifically the pizza and bagels. Because the kids were still doing school and because it was cheaper, Mom and I went up alone. I had everything planned for weeks. I was only going up Friday afternoon and coming home Sunday afternoon so I didn’t have much time. I brought up an empty suitcase just so I could bring back some food and called the airline ahead of time to run my plan by them—I fully expect to be a topic at their Christmas party! I arranged for Alice to buy three large pizzas for me on Thursday night and asked her to wrap them in 2-3 piece packets and freeze them. I figured by Sunday they’d be nice and frozen solid and could survive the time from her freezer to my house. Sunday comes and I buy Aldi insulated bags, put the pizza in them and pack them in my suitcase—along with a dozen bagels, a dozen hard rolls, and a loaf of bread from Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. The last thing I shoved in my bag was a big box of 16 Devil Dogs. Mmmmmmmmm good. When I got home Sunday we all feasted on pizza, bagels, hard rolls and chased it all with a Devil Dog. What can I say, life is good.

Alice’s graduation party was lots of fun. My brother in law is friends with a guy I graduated high school with and the party was at his restaurant. I haven’t seen him in 20 years and when he saw me he told me I hadn’t changed a bit since high school, so of course, he’s now my new best friend in the whole world. ;-)

Alice’s party was also a chance for me to see family that I haven’t seen in a long time. It was nice to catch up, but I was bummed that my crew wasn’t there to enjoy the day too. I guess it’s time to start planning a trip up north. (Yes, there are pictures of this in the photo gallery too)

Now that I think about it, I’m going to separate how I post our current events. I’ll just post one at a time so this post isn’t 10,000 words long! I guess you’ll just have to stay tuned. :-)

There are lots of pictures in the photo gallery so don’t forget to go to page 2.

Ave Maria!
C.

1 comment:

Therese said...

great photos. Your baby belly looks great. Congratulations to your sister on her graduation.