Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Visit!



We were all really excited to have Ken's parents come down for a visit this week. They came in on Monday night and met Rachel for the first time. The children were so excited it was really cute. Mary and Brigid kept running over to the window to look out for Ken's car coming home from the airport. When the car finally pulled into the garage, I thought they were going to burst. Brigid kept jumping around and Mary just had this big grin on her face from ear to ear. You see, Mary had been preparing for this visit.

For the last couple of weeks Mary has been referring to people as either "my brother" or "my sister" or "my mother, father etc.". She's been really interested in understanding the relationship she has with the people around her. So all last week it was "my grandfather" and "my grandmother". What's neat is that she seems to really understand these relationships. She kept looking at Ken saying, "Grandma is your mother?" For me that was even more evidence that she's ready to start school in the fall.

We took Ken's parents to the brand new Georgia Aquarium. It's the largest aquarium in the world, they even have two whale sharks. Their names? Alice and Trixie! I know it's stupid, but the names make me laugh. I thought the exhibits were very well done. I've been to the aquarium in Chatanooga and I have to say that this one in Atlanta is way better. The babies did better than I thought they would. Between all of us, we kept them pretty well under control. I was wearing Rachel on my back, so I couldn't do much in terms of running after them, but we managed. :-) I put Caity in charge of the camera and she took most of the pictures. She took some good ones. Who knows, maybe we have a budding photographer in our midst.

Everyone has had a really good time this week. The only down side is that the visit wasn't long enough!

Ave Maria!

C.

No comments: