Our parish is putting together a new parish directory. I’m really excited because it means we get to have a family picture taken. At our old parish we had a picture done for the directory in 2004, but I was fat then. Now I’m about 42 lbs. lighter, plus we have another little one. I tried to have fun with it. I color coded our clothes (I’m such a geek!), but I also kept it very casual. When you have this many people you have to make things like this as painless and as simple as possible. When we get our picture, I’ll post it.
School is slowly but surely coming along. It looks like we’ll be going into June though. Well, it could be worse! Allie and Brian are doing their first ever research paper and I’m really excited. I LOVE research papers, so I’m having a good time showing them how to do it. It’s on Ancient Egypt, so it’s a very interesting topic to boot. :-)
Caity is going to be going into High School next year. Wow, that’s hard to believe. It seems like yesterday she was Rachel’s age. She has said that she would like to be a doctor, so we are going to go heavy on the science and math. Even if she doesn’t become a doctor, having math and science, is only ever a good thing.
I’ve also decided to start Mary with school next year. One of my friends lent me the books she bought for school for her little one and I just loved the curriculum. We won’t be doing anything really formal, just a few things during the day. And of course this will make Brigid want to do school too, so I’m going to get a nursery school book for her to work out of.
This past Saturday was a big outdoor workday here. Ken and the big ones worked at getting the front yard by the road all cleaned up and Ken cleared out the place where I’m going to plant my Mary Garden. Also, Saturday was a big day for both Brian and Ken. Ken let Brian mow with the push mower. He also let Brian do some mowing with the riding mower. Brian was sooooo excited to get to use the mowers and Ken was excited because he was able to see a time when he won’t have to mow anymore!! It’s a win/win! Brian wanted to make sure I took pictures of him using the mowers so he could send them to his grandfather up in Delaware. Of course, Brian may find himself mowing a paddock next time we go to Delaware!! :-)
Well, once again Blogger is being difficult as far as pictures go, so if you go to our photo gallery, you can see some new pictures--including Brian mowing.
Ave Maria!
C.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment