Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Wow!


During my pregnancies, I've had tons of sonograms and all of them have left me in awe of God's creative powers. But none of them have affected me quite as deeply as the 3-D sonogram we had yesterday. At my doctor's office a few of the sonogram techs have a side business that enables pregnant women to have non-medical (you know, FUN) sonograms. For 20 minutes you get to just stare at your baby and say things like, "OH! I want to see the feet again!". You can also have anyone there that you want. So, we took them at their word and brought EVERYONE. All five kids were there as was Mom.

The little ones seemed more interested in what the tech was doing to mommy's belly, but everyone else's attention was rivited to the screen. There would be a 2-D image and then she'd hit a button and you'd get a split screen. One side would have the 2-D image, the other would have the 3-D image. It was incredible. We all saw her (yes it's a her, the gender was 100% confirmed), open her mouth wide and shove her fist into her mouth. She moved all over the place and we were able to see it. We saw her feet, her hands and even her hair. What I think was the most moving (excuse the pun) was her face. I saw her lips, her nose and at one point she opened her eyes. I saw her face. Not just the usual grainy ghostlike image you get on a 2-D, but a real face--my daughter's face. God is so very good.

Ave Maria!
C.

No comments: