Friday, July 29, 2005

The Greatest Gift

Sixteen years ago today something wonderful happened--I married my best friend.

So much has happened over the years, some good, some incredible, some sad, I can't imagine not having gone through it all with Ken right by my side. From our humble beginnings working at the same restaurant (where we met), to raising our children and watching them grow, I wouldn't trade one second of it for the world.

I've always considered my marriage to be a gift from God, and in 2001, God blessed me again by giving Ken the gift of faith. I won't go into the details of Ken's conversion (that's another blog!), but it triggered in me a reversion to the faith I grew up with, and on Pentecost of 2002 Ken was received into the Cathoic Church. Since Ken and I have been on this path together we've been able to discover the amazing treasures that the Catholic Church holds, and are passing them on to our children.

So my prayer today is one of thanksgiving. God blessed me with the most amazing husband on the planet and the best father for our children. Happy Anniversary Ken! I love you so much.

Ave Maria,
C.

No comments: