Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's New?


Well, once again I've let scads of time elapse between blog entries. I'll try to get caught up here. Birthday season is upon us now. August 31st Rachel had her 3rd birthday, and the following day the twins turned 14. When we asked Rachel what she wanted she said she wanted a teddy bear--(begin sarcasm) because we don't have ANY stuffed animals here already.(/end sarcasm)


We thought it would be fun to take her to Build-A-Bear in the mall. She had a great time, and Mary and Brigid were very enthusiastic about "helping" her pick out accessories for her bear. Alice and Mom bought Rachel a set of 6 pairs of Disney princess shoes--and I do believe that this present was the big hit of the day. They came is this big box that had a little cubby for each pair of shoes. She's spent the last two weeks playing with them and then putting them back into their proper cubby and chasing John away from them with her usual, "N0 Johnny boy!!" Poor John, he has Mary, Brigid and Rachel all clucking after him like the little mother hens that they are.
Allie and Brian's birthday was a little more low key. We have been watching the RTN Network at night lately and have been having fun watching Hawaii Five-O--kind of like our own home verstion of MST 3K. The show references have been flying fast (Book 'em Dan-O!). Also, we (and by "we" I mean primarily Allie) are big Star Trek fans. So it should come as no surprise that Brian asked for a season of Hawaii Five-O and Allie asked for a season of the original Star Trek series (the ones with Kirk and Spock). The cool thing is that the Star Trek episodes are now digitally remastered which means the special effects have been brought into the present. We saw one last night and I was pretty impressed with the job they've done.
Other than birthdays and school starting back up the main thing keeping us busy is SOLT--but that's another blog entry. ;-)
I will leave you with this bit of nostalgia which I'm seriously thinking of making my cell phone ring tone. :-)
Ave Maria!
C.


2 comments:

Therese said...

Happy Birthday to Allie, Brian and Rachel. When we asked Christopher what he wanted for his third birthday, he said cake. I then asked him if he wanted a toy and he wanted a teddy bear too. I made him a really big one that is now in desperate need for repairs because he and pepper (our dog) have had many tug a wars with it.

Christine said...

I'll bet that teddy bear is a very special friend for Christopher.