Friday, January 20, 2006

It's Done


I never thought I'd be in a position to say that about the basement (well, Mom's section at least). It feels like it's been years that we've been working on it, but it's finally done now and Mom has started moving in. By this time next week, she should be in for good. Everything looks so amazing but it's the kitchen that I'm most proud of.

Ken basically built the kitchen from scratch. He put in all the cabinets and being the engineer that he is, if you put our five foot level across the counter that little bubble is right in the middle! Ken put in the Pergo floor, installed the countertops, and installed all of the appliances. This is after he did most of the wiring before the drywall went up. He did such an amazing job, I'm so proud of him--of course he'll probably read this and cringe, he hates attention.

Once again, my goal is to put up a whole page that sort of chronicles the whole process--now that I'm not spending every spare minute in the basement working I may actually find some time to do it!

Ave Maria!
C.

No comments: