When I was a kid, one thing that used to irritate me was when Mom and Dad would mix up my and my sisters names. In my kid logic I would think, "I can keep us straight why can't Mom and Dad--Gosh!". Sorry, couldn't resist the Napoleon Dynamite reference. :-) Anyway, this was my thinking 100 years ago when I was a kid. I didn't have a mortgage, or a car payment or anyone depending on me for anything. I just had a big fat chip on my shoulder when it came to my folks remembering my name.
Fast forward to today. Where I do have a mortgage, and I do have a car payment and I do have people depending on me. I don't think it matters how many kids you have, if you have more than one, you're going to mix the names up. The big three would, just like their mother before them, get irritated when I would mix up their names (poor Brian, I would most often mix his name with the dog's). Most parents have to wait until their kids have kids before they see the same thing happen to the next generation--not me! When Mary was born, Caity was 10 and the twins were 8. Brigid and Rachel came quickly after that. Now guess who mixes up names? :-) Everyone gets the little three's names confused. It's gotten so bad that Caity came up with one name for all three--Bri-chel-ry. Hey as long as someone answers to it, I'll use it!! It is amazing to me how understanding the big three are now about the name mix ups. Go figure. ;-)
Ave Maria!
C.
Friday, December 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment