Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pacifier or Thumb? Both!


Rachel just can't seem to make up her mind. Early on, she seemed like she would become a pacifier baby. She would happily take her pappy (that's Mary's name for pacifier) and fall gently asleep. Now, it seems that she also likes to find her thumb. I have seen her spit out her pappy to get to her thumb. Consequently, I've also seen her only calmed by her pappy. Out of the five older ones, I've had 3 pacifier babies and 2 that didn't take anything. Rachel would be my first thumb sucker. Not sure how I feel about it--there are pros and cons. Our friend, who is a dentist, said that their teeth aren't affected by thumb sucking until they are about 6, that's a good thing. However, you can always throw away the pappy, you can't throw away a thumb.

So, will it be a pappy, or a thumb? I'll let you know when Rachel finally makes up her mind!

Ave Maria!
C.

No comments: