Saturday, September 29, 2007

The House is Blessed!!


Okay, let me say right up front that I have been a terrible slacker lately in my blogging duties. However, in my own defense, I will remind everyone (Alice!) that I am about 1000 weeks pregnant and will often take what occasional free moment I have and sit down on the couch rather than blog. Hopefully I will get a bit more regular with my blogging. :-)


Two weeks ago Archbishop Gregory of Atlanta came to our humble community and celebrated Mass with our SOLT priests (who made the trip all the way from Corpus Christi) and to give his blessing to the Apostolic House we're in the process of finishing. It was a day that was a long time coming. We started down this road last December and have been chugging forward (sometimes very slowly) ever since. Our former pastor (who is now Vocations Director for the diocese) was able to make it and that really meant a lot to us because he's been an integral part of our journey.


It was a wonderful day. The Mass was beautiful and the reception afterwards went off without a hitch. God has blessed us abundantly!
BTW, to the Bishop's left is Brian. He was one of the servers at the Mass.
Ave Maria!
C.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Christine--how wonderful! I've been waiting for an update on you/your crew for a while now...

Yeah, 1000wks pregnant does make one want to sit and merely gestate..lol. Give your belly a pat for us all, ok?

Therese said...

I lol at 1000 weeks pregnant. I remember feeling like that. Don't worry. This too shall pass.

Christine said...

Therese, is that a pun?? LOL!!

C.

Therese said...

red face emoticon goes here. lol.