Friday, March 09, 2007

Countdown to Confirmation


One month from tomorrow Caity will receive the sacrament of Confirmation. She picked Maria Goretti as her Confirmation name. I don't think there is anything about St. Maria that Caity doesn't know. I remember early on in the classes, one of the things the kids had to do was answer questions about the saint they had chosen. The person asking Caity the questions went up to the teacher afterwards and said, "Well, she knows it cold.".


She's been so excited about getting confirmed and has really enjoyed the prep classes. One of the areas that the kids are required to study is Church history. The teacher had a great way of teaching this. She had them perform a play about Church history. Caity had a good time researching her character (St. Mary of the Five Wounds), and did a wonderful job in the play.


I'd better start buying tissues now. I expect to be a total weeping wreck when she gets confirmed--thank goodness I don't wear make up! :-)


Ave Maria!

C.


1 comment:

H F J said...

That's fantastic! It makes me excited for my kids. I pray they will be as excited as Caity when their time comes.