
My Mom and her sister have always been close. When we were growing up we spent a lot of time together with my aunt and my cousins. Mom had three girls and Aunt Susie had three boys and we are all around the same age. Mom said for about 6 years one of them was always pregnant. Me and my sisters spent a lot of time with my cousins growing up and we had a lot of fun. There wasn’t anything that we couldn’t make into some kind of game. We also loved putting on little plays (don’t want to forget about New Zealand, right guys?),listening to old Bill Cosby comedy albums, and of course who could forget dancing to those albums with 50’s music on them—and yes, they were albums, not CDs!
My cousin Robert and I were the youngest ones and for years and years we were referred to as “the babies”. As I got older it was a little irritating to be called one of the babies, but now I think about it with a big smile on my face—especially as I call my younger ones “the babies”. Now my sisters and my cousins and I are the moms and dads and we have our own babies. It’s very cool.
This past weekend Aunt Susie came for a visit and Robert and his little girl Elizabeth came with her. It was a blast. My guys just loved seeing everyone and we had a great time just hanging out. It really made me miss having my family close by.
As always, I put some pictures of the visit in the photo gallery. You have to go to page 2 to see them all.
Ave Maria!
C.
No comments:
Post a Comment