Friday, September 22, 2006

The Solution

The solution is actually pretty simple. The problem is fine until you have to divide each side of the equation by (x-y). Remember that x and y are each equal to "1", so if you are dividing by (x-y) you are dividing by zero, which can't be done, and this is where the problem breaks down.

Isn't math fun? Okay, maybe not. :-)

Ave Maria!
C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

And I thought I was a smart one... ;)

Christine said...

Hi Katie! I got so caught up in the algebra part of it, that I completely missed the "x-y" on the bottom.

If you still want to get together and talk NFP drop me an email. If you click on my profile on the right, there will be a link to my email. The computer always blocks out any email addys that are put in a comment. :-(

C.